Using Tokens to allow players to play a Live Event
What to do when a player is in the Lobby but unable to play
Last Update vor einem Jahr
One of the most frustrating moments for an organiser is getting players started playing live games. Often players login with a new email address and do not have permission to play. Arbiters can now provide a Token (One Time Pin) to the player.
Please note, there is no way for you to help a player Sign in to Tornelo. We try to make it as obvious as possible that a player is not signed in, but a token will only work with a user that is signed in. Instructions for a player to Sign in can be found here.
Arbiter can easily create a Token for player in the following way:
1. Go to a Player list or Start list and look up the player
2. Click on the 3 little dots at the end of the line and choose Make token option
3. Tornelo will display a temporary Token (4-digit number) in a pop-up window
4. The Arbiter provides this Token to the Player in a secure manner (privately)
5. The Player must be Signed In (but it doesn't matter what account they have used)
6. The Player should click Connect profile button
7. The player enters the correct Token, clicks OK and is granted permission to play in the event with whichever account they have used to Signed in.
8. At the end of the Event, Tornelo will link the email (user account) and the player so (as long as they login with the same email address) they can play without a Token in future Events